Centre for Instructional Technology
Virtual Classrooms and eMeetings via online conferencing
- Conferences using a computer over the internet
- Interactive collaboration and communication features
- Hold online classes or meetings
Web conferencing allows you to have classes or meetings online, without using specialized video conference hardware. You and your students/attendees will meet using a computer connected to the internet. Each web conferencing participant requires:
- a computer with an internet connection (broadband preferred)
- Firefox or Safari (Win/Mac) or Internet Explorer (Win)
- a headset with microphone
- a webcam (if transmitting video)
Users can engage in live two-way audio, video (optional) and text chat, share what is displayed on their computer desktops as well as display and annotate documents or a virtual whiteboard. Session leaders can take attendance and record the session for playback later.
- Email request to .
- Wait for response.
- Reply with requested particulars.
- Receive relevant user guides.
- Arrange for trial session(s). (For online classrooms only.)